Friday, May 25
XC & Enduro Course Inspection Day
Get out on course to see what you are in for Saturday and Sunday! All courses will be fully marked after 12:00 noon and ready for inspection.
Saturday, May 26
12:00 pm – 32nd Annual Black Bear 40k MTB Race (WVMBA XC #)
***USAC MTB State Championship and USAC MTB Nationals Qualifier!***
Pool Parking Lot, KSF – The Black Bear 40k is truly a legendary cross-country race. This year will feature a new course, with the same, gnarly fun! Expect singletrack never before included in the race! This year’s race will crown the USA Cycling State Champion and get you qualified to participate in the 2018 USA Cycling MTB National Championships held at Snowshoe, WV in July! Check out race and course info here.
- Registration @ 9:00 at the Pool Parking Lot
- Free Chitlins Race @ 11:00 (A dedicated kids course will be set up all day)
- Volunteer Meeting @ 11:15
- Race Meeting @ 11:45
- Open/Expert/Vet @12:00
- Sport/Clydesdale @ 12:02
- Beginner/Junior @ 12:04
- COFFEE! DONUTS! From the Coffee Camper and Vandalia Donuts!
- Food from Ridge View BBQ @ 11:00 until 5:00ish
- Racers – Don’t forget your meal ticket – extra food will be available for cash.
- Podiums/Awards @ 3:30
Sunday, May 27
10:00 am – Black Bear Enduro (WV Enduro Series #3)
Dunlop Hollow, KSF – How steep can it get? Race select downhills with a party paced cruise between stages. It’s a lifestyle. This year’s race again features Sportident timing. The timed sections will vary with some being as short as 2 minutes of steep technical riding and others upwards of 8 minutes of rock gardens, log hops, big drops and more. Check out race and course info here.
- Registration @ 8:00 in Dunlop Hollow
- Volunteer Meeting @ 9:30
- Race Meeting @ 9:45
- All Categories Start @10:00
- Final Check/Cut-off @ 3:00
- Food available @ 2:30
- Racers don’t forget your meal ticket – extra food will be available for $5.
- Podium/Awards @ 4:00 or ASAP!
- New Belgium Brewing Post-Race Celebration! @ 6:00
- At Sam’s Uptown Cafe – details below.
1:00 pm – IMBA Women’s Beginner MTB Clinic
Dunlop Hollow, KSF – Ladies, new to mountain biking? Up you skills during a two-hour clinic with IMBA certified coach Zoe Morris on Sunday afternoon! Join other rad women for skills drills in Dunlop Hollow, followed by a short ride when we’ll stop & session parts of KSF’s legendary trails, surrounded by an encouraging & fun group of chicks.
Riders need their own mountain bike (no road or hybrid bikes), helmet and water. Snacks provided. Rental bikes are available. Childcare may be provided. RSVP required at 304-382-9282 or email@example.com. Come on out & play in the dirt!
- Registration @ 12:00
- Start / End @ 1:00-3:00
- Food/Taco Bar available @ 2:30
- Food is free for clinic attendees
6:00 pm – NEW BELGIUM BREWING POST-RACE CELEBRATION!
Still have a little left in the tank? Meet us Sunday evening at Sam’s Uptown Cafe, where racers and volunteers will enjoy free beverages provided by New Belgium Brewing. A longtime fixture, Sam’s is located in downtown Charleston – grab yourself a famous Samburger while you are there! Meet us upstairs at 6:00 pm to tell stories, compare battle scars and otherwise relax until the free beer runs out. New Belgium will be on hand to present the King and Queen of the Forest with a special prize package. Be sure to RSVP during online registration. Snacks will be provided. Don’t miss out!
Monday, May 28
Tour de Bear – Free!
Dunlop Hollow, KSF – Shake out the cobwebs with some old, some new and some hidden gems with experienced locals.
- Start @ 10:00 – Group rides based upon skill, experience and desired difficulty…No registration necessary – just bring your bike, snacks, some water and a good attitude.